Chief Executive Officer @ B2B Proptech Startup
Language: Fluent in French and English, (Swiss) German is a plus Experience: Experience of leading technology companies through a start-up phase Ref: RPCEO
As part of its venture building activities, Fusion Partners is looking for a CEO to lead a B2B Proptech start-up.
We are Fusion Partners
Fusion Partners provides corporate venturing services to leading organizations. Corporate Venturing is about setting up structural collaborations with existing external ventures and/or building new internal ventures, to drive innovation, growth, and profitability. We help our clients design and launch new digital ventures, and also build our own. We construct winning MVPs, hire a dedicated management team, and raise an investment round – setting the venture up for success!
In collaboration with a leading Swiss real estate player, Fusion Partners is launching a start-up focused on developing a B2B marketplace that addresses clearly identified pain points representing a massive CHF 2.4bn market in Switzerland.
We have already made strong progress and have lined up major customers and suppliers. A strong CEO candidate should be driven by ambition, and excited to pick up on this initial momentum and work with service providers and customers alike to develop and scale the marketplace.
The business is due to launch in early 2021 and will be based in Western Switzerland. Given the current circumstances, remote working will be an option and as restrictions ease, there will be some travel required nationally.
Lead, execute, convince, inspire:
- Focus on execution and the creation of short-term value, while creating a long-term strategic plan (including strategic partnerships) for the venture
- Develop the marketplace: acquire further B2B customers in Switzerland (demand side) and onboard suppliers (supply side)
- Articulate and execute a creative and cost-efficient marketing plan
- Inspire and build an A-team, and cultivate a high-performing, agile, one-team culture
- Take on the role of company champion, become the cornerstone between investors, partners, and the team
- Own the P&L and operational budget, managing burn rate and cashflow cautiously, while growing the business and tracking revenue targets among others
What you will need to bring to the role:
- Experience of leading technology companies through a start-up phase, with a track record of creating short-term value while owning the long-term strategic direction
- Previous experience in rapidly scaling a B2B marketplace
- Grit and sweat: you are not afraid to get your hands dirty, build a product, run marketing campaigns, make B2B sales, perform financial calculations, recruit, talk to potential investors – basically doing it all in the early stages!
- Empathy, excellent communication skills
- Ability to negotiate and to convince: you are a wizard at convincing stakeholders: your customers, your current and future team members, your investors
- Fluent in French and English, (Swiss) German is a plus
- Experience in proptech would be a nice-to-have
A few things you will get out of this:
- An opportunity to build a business and shape a team
- A chance to be a socially recognised entrepreneur, while benefiting from an attractive equity package and an alluring salary
- Access to a network of industry experts and support from venture experts
- An unforgettable journey and endless stories to tell – the outcomes of which lie in your hands